The sun has finally made an appearance and the temperature has risen a few degrees meaning that it’s definitely nice cream season when it comes to breakfast; although I’m not one to let the seasons or weather dictate my breakfast choices – I’m that person that will happily nice cream snuggled under my duvet in winter or oats in my sports bra in summer! But the blend of creamy coconut milk, frozen banana chunks, vanilla protein and tropical fruit in this recipe really does taste like summer in a bowl and although this pina colada is completely alcohol free, I would be the last person to judge you for sneaking a shot in there.
- 1/2 large frozen banana
- 1/2 cup mixed frozen mango and pineapple
- 1 cup frozen courgette
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, my favourite is vivo life
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- optional: tsp each one earth shine bright blend and vega vero energy mix
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Served and add your toppings of choice, my go to is homemade granola, crushed frozen raspberries and lashings of nut butter.
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas x