Pancakes have got to be one of the most indulgent breakfasts and whilst they might take a little longer to prepare than a smoothie or oats, the extra time and effort is so worth it. These fail proof pancakes are perfect for lazy sunday mornings or a saturday brunch and with their thick fluffy center they’re sure to leave you satisfied until lunch time!
This is another of those breakfasts which doesn’t look healthy at all (something which I apparently seem to be quite a fan of) but is in fact packed full of goodness! The flavourings, although they sound decadent, come solely from a scoop of Vivo Life’s Perform Protein which gives you the option of either raw cacao, madagascan vanilla or salted maca caramel. This is by far the best protein powder I’ve used, with a smooth texture, amazing taste and 25g plant-based protein you really can’t complain. There’s also an added recovery accelerator, digestive enzyme complex and 6gs plant-based BCAA’s in their too! The high protein content of these pancakes coupled with the carbs from the oats, flour and banana means that you’ll be fully energised whatever the morning throws at you. But the most important part when it comes to pancakes is of course, the toppings! I love adding a homemade chocolate coconut sauce, granola, fresh berries, chunks of raw chocolate or caramelised banana coins!
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 30g gluten free oats
- 1 Scoop Vivo Life Perform Protein
- 25g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until they reach a flour like consistency.
- Combine the oats, protein powder, flour and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to the bowl and mix.
- Heat coconut oil (or oil of choice) in a frying pan over a high heat – it’s important that the pan is really hot before you start cooking.
- Add a 1/4 of the mix to the pan at the time, flipping over when the mix starts to bubble and cook on the other side for a further minute.
- Keep the pancake warm and repeat with the remaining mix.
- Serve with your desired toppings – I love a chocolate tahini sauce, nut butter, banana, berries, homemade granola or coconut chips.
If you make these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas x