I’m quite ashamed to say that it took me nearly a whole year of being vegan to finally try nice cream but now I’m completely obsessed. As much as I love a big bowl of oats in the morning, now that the weathers getting a little warmer it’s nice to have a cooler option plus life is all about variety; but don’t worry, I still make sure I get my chocolate oats in at least once a week!
This is such a quick and easy breakfast; all you have to do is chuck everything in the blender, add your toppings and you’re good to go! And whilst traditional salted caramel is loaded full of refined sugar and has little to no nutritional value, all of the flavour here comes from Vivo Life’s Salted Maca Caramel Perform Protein and is naturally sweetened by bananas. And it’s a great one for if like me, you prefer to get your workout in before breakfast as it’s packed full of carbs and over 25g plantbased protein to help refuel and build those muscles! And I mean, what could be better than ice cream for breakfast?
Ingredients (Serves 1)
- 2 Large Frozen Bananas
- 1 scoop of Vivo Life Salted Maca Caramel Perform
- 1/4 cup sprouted oats (or gluten-free oats of choice)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: 1 tsp each maca and lucuma
- Toppings of choice
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. And remember, patience is key here; don’t be tempted to add more liquid as this will alter the texture of the nice cream.
- Serve and add your toppings of choice, I love homemade granola, nut butters, fresh or frozen berries and even a salted caramel protein bar.
If you make this, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas x