If you follow me on Instagram then you’ll know that these bars are my latest obsession – I can’t even being to tell you how delicious they are, everything from the texture to the flavour is amazing! I thought that my vanilla latte protein bars were good, but these really take it up a notch. Coffee and chocolate has got to be one of the greatest combinations and despite the fact that these bars taste incrediby indulgent,they’re actually super healthy as they’re loaded with the best natural and wholesome ingredients which will nourish your body with every bite. The nuts provide healthy fats, protein, magnesium, calcium, vitamin E and magnesium (just to name a few benefits) whilst the vanilla protein really helps bring together the rich chocolate and coffee flavour, with the maple syrup providing the perfect amount of sweetness. If you love coffee and you love chocolate, these are sure to be winner and with 10g protein per bar, they really are the tastiest way to up your daily intake.
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup + tbsp cacao powder
- 4 tbsp ground coffee
- 2 scoops of madagascan vanilla perform protein
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
Method (makes 12)
- Using either the mill blade of a blender or your food processor, grind the nuts until they reach a flour like cosistency.
- Transfer the ground nuts to a large mixing bowl and combine with the coffee, cacao powder, vanilla protein, almond butter and maple syrup. I find it easier to mix with my hands but feel free to use a spoon! The mix is ready when it forms one large ball.
- Transfer the mix to a lined baking tray and using your hands or the back of a spoon, press down until firmly compacted. Transfer to the freezer to set for around an hour.
- Once the bars have set, remove from the freezer and slice into your desired size. I find that the mix yields 12 however my maths failed me this time and I ended up with 16!
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat – they’ll keep well here for 1-2 weeks but I like to freeze mine so that they last a couple of months. If doing this, simply transfer to the fridge an hour or so before eating!
If you make these, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @nourishingyas x