The temperature may have dropped considerably but I refuse to let that stop me from enjoying a smoothie bowl for breakfast in the morning – even if it does leave me frozen stiff for half an hour after! As much as I love drinking my smoothies, there’s something so much more satisfying about a thick, ice cream like smoothie that you can enjoy from a bowl plus, the addition of toppings makes it feel like a proper meal. I love experimenting with different flavour combinations from matcha and vanilla to acai, baobab and even chocolate but this is one of my favourite flavour combinations yet – strawberries and raspberries are a classic combination and boast an array of antioxidants whilst the vanilla protein really does make it taste like ice cream and also packs in 25g of plantbased protein! So if you too want to rebel against winter and inject a little summer into your breakfast on these cold mornings, this is the perfect way to do it.
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- scoop of madagascan vanilla perform protein
- probiotic capsule (optional)
- 2tsbp almond milk
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. The trick to getting the perfect consistency is to be patient – don’t be tempted to add lots more liquid in order to make it blend quicker! Take your time, scraping down the sides as needed and eventually you’ll have the perfect thick consistency.
- Once smooth, pour into a bowl and add your toppings of choice. I love dried and fresh raspberries along with homemade granola but banana slices, nut butter or seeds would all be great too!
If you’re brave enough to make this, don’t forget to tag me on instagram @nourishingyas x